ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT CELL
Entrepreneurship is an increasingly important element of economic growth and development. The significance of entrepreneurship as one of the key factors of economic development hardly needs to be emphasized. It is nowadays globally recognized as critical resource in the economic development process of a country. In view of this fact development of entrepreneurship received serious attention among the economists, planners and policy makers as a strategy of economic growth.
Our institute also took a serious note on this and established Entrepreneurship Development Cell in its ambit. The purpose of Entrepreneurship Development Cell is to create awareness and promote entrepreneurship culture in the institute. It tries to expose the students towards charm of entrepreneurship, make them aware, promote entrepreneurship culture and nurture the skill to become a successful entrepreneur. The main objective of EDC, while organizing such an activities, is to create job creators not job seekers, who can contribute in the development of the economy.
For this, the cell invites experts of the subjects conduct seminars and workshops, organizes awareness camps. We have association with organizations who are working in this area so that we can benefit from their experience. We have signed an MOU with NEN (National Entrepreneurship Network).
- Awareness of Entrepreneurship
- Developing Entrepreneurship Skill
- Nurture Budding Entrepreneurs
Working Area of ED Cell
The Cell engaged in following activities:-
- Conducting workshop and seminars– We conduct workshops and seminars on various issues relating to entrepreneurship like how to start a business, from where to get funds, how to get funds, how to write and implement a good and working business plan etc in order to make students aware about various and multi- facets issues involved in entrepreneurship.
- Organizing Competitions related with entrepreneurship issues- To create interest , keep them motivated and explore new ideas institute organized competitions like- B-Plan competition, Business quiz, debate related to entrepreneurship etc.
- Association with third party – We have association with other organizations who are actively engaged in the cause of entrepreneurship development and specialized themselves in providing different platform to budding entrepreneurs. Like, we have inked MOU with NEN to provide our students expert advice and help them to make their project a real success. Our association with NEN which is an initiative of Wadhwani group, co-founded by IIT Bombay; IIM Ahmedabad, BITS Pilani, SP Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai; etc with a mission to create and support high-growth entrepreneurs, driving job-creation and economic growth in India shows the commitment of the institute towards its students and the nation.