About the Programme
When contemplating up further study, you will come up with guidance on either Master’s Degrees or PhDs. If desires in your career are not workable to something that time-demanding, or that research-oriented, don’t bother – these aren’t the two alternatives for postgraduate education – a few opportunities are there, one of these is an industry-relevant specialised Post-Graduate Diploma programme. A postgraduate diploma is a sharper skill than a Master’s Degree, although at a similar academic depth. Since a master’s degree spans two years’ duration (comprising assessments, tasks, and so on), a postgraduate diploma is a one-year programme. A postgraduate diploma offers an array of specialisations in engineering or management domain. RIET, with its twenty years of academic excellence, offers three unique specialisations for Industry-Relevant One Year Post-Graduate Diploma programme as follows.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advance Geographical Information System and Remote Sensing (PGD in GIS & RS)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Security and Data Protection (PGD in CS & DP)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (PGD in LSCM)
Objectives of Post-Graduate Diploma Programme
RIET is offering the Post-Graduate Diploma programme in three different industry specialised domains with extensive career-oriented purposes.
- Customised course curricula in association with industry-specialised experts
- Hands-on experience
- Advance teaching-learning process
- Engagement of students in veritable industry projects
- Infuse integrative thought process among students to introduce continuing education
- Nurture efficient outcome-based education practice to reform teaching-learning and research approaches
Industry Focused Curriculum
Our customised industry-focused course curriculum followed by industrial visits for three PGD specialisations will give you immense knowledge in different disciplines.
PGD in GIS & RS –
And Much more…
- Elementary GIS and Remote Sensing
- GPS, GNSS & DGPS
- Desktop GIS – ArcGIS and QGIS
- Web GIS Development – ArcGIS and Open Sources
- Satellite System Overview
- Satellite Data Processing
- Interpretation methods of Satellite Data by using Remote Sensing Software
- Mapping and Programming with AutoCAD
PGD in CS & DP–
And Much More…..
- Introduction to Cyber Security
- IT Fundamentals for Cyber Security
- Fundamentals of Computer Network Security
- Cyber Security Tools and Cyber Attack
- IT Security: Defence against the digital dark arts
- Cybersecurity for Business
- Information Security: Content and Introduction
- Cybersecurity and Its Ten Domains
- Internet History, Technology and Security
- International Cyber Conflicts
- TCP / IP
- Real-time Cyber Threat Detection and Mitigation
PGD in LSCM–
And Much more…
- Introduction to Supply Chain Management
- Economics & Management Decisions
- Accounting in Logistics & Supply Chain Sector
- Logistics Planning & Strategy
- Retail Supply Chain Management
- Financial Management in Supply Chain Industry
- Supply Chain Modelling, Design & Simulation
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Multi Modal Transportation
- Legal & Safety Issues in Supply Chain Sector
- Business & Supply Chain Risk Management
Bringing Industries at Your Fingertips
We are committed to offering you strong industry relations from day one of our post-graduate diploma programme. You will shine in your career as an industry-ready professional by techno-managerial advancement with a global stance in different industries.
PGD in GIS & RS–
- Opportunities to have industrial visits at the world’s top Geospatial industries
- Opportunities to work for the world’s leading GIS, Remote Sensing and Surveying companies in your internship project
- Leading corporates in Geospatial, Geoscience, IT, Urban & Infrastructure Design, Civil Engineering, Mining, Petroleum, Agriculture and Defence sector will recognise your comprehensive industry-oriented knowledge in their recruitment.
PGD in CS & DP–
- Opportunities to have industrial visits at the world’s pinnacle IT giants
- Opportunities to work for the world’s leading IT consulting companies in your internship project
- Leading IT corporates, working in Banking, Defence, Web Hosting, Cloud Computing, Virtualization, IT Infrastructure, Data Privacy, Open Data initiative, Data Management, and Big Data sector will recognise your comprehensive industry-oriented knowledge in their recruitment.
PGD in LSCM :–
- Opportunities to have industrial visits at the world’s best Logistics companies.
- Opportunities to work for the world’s leading Port & Shipping Management, FMCG, e-commerce and Transportation companies in your internship project
- Leading corporates in Purchase/Sourcing, Logistics Management (Freight & Transportation), Vendor Development, Process Management, Warehousing & Distribution, Inventory Control, Supply Chain Management, and Network Planning sector will recognise your comprehensive industry-oriented knowledge in their recruitment.