The Computer Science and Engineering major gives students access to multidisciplinary problems with a focus on total systems engineering. Students will learn the computer science principles that are critical to development of software, hardware and networking of computer systems. This program is designed to provide students with the fundamentals of computer science, both hardware and software, and the application of engineering concepts, techniques and methods to both computer systems engineering and software system design.
Student who wants to make his/her career in Computer Science and Engineering may choose following courses:
B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
M.Tech in Computer Science
M.Tech in Software Engineering
Booming IT sector in India has plenty of jobs for fresh computer science graduates.Candidates with high percentage of mark and good communication skills as well as sound computer knowledge do not face problem in getting a job.Computer engineers can get jobs in non-IT companies like universities, research, private and public industries, government departments, business organisations, commercial organisations and the manufacturing sector, etc.
Besides the Computer Engineers have plenty of options to work in IT companies in departments such as design, development, assembly, manufacture and maintenance, etc
• Software Developers: Software developers are professionals who are concerned with facets of the software development process which involves activities such as design and coding, computer programming, project management, etc.
• Hardware Engineers: These professionals do research, design, develop, test, and oversee the installation of computer hardware which inter alia includes computer chips, circuit boards, systems, modems, keyboards, and printers.
• System Designer: Professionals involved in system designing, Logical & Physical Designing wherein logical designing can be enumerated as the structure & characteristics such as output, input, files, database & procedures, etc.
• System Analyst: Computer engineers who work as systems analyst do research about the existing problems and plan solutions for the problem. They also recommend software and system related problems and coordinate development between business development teams.
• Networking Engineers: Networking engineers are computer professionals involved in designing, implementation, and troubleshooting of computer networks.
• DBA: DBA or Database Administrator are the professionals who are bestowed with the job to design, implement, maintain, and repair an organization’s database. Inter alia DBA professionals are also known as Database Coordinator or Database Programmer in IT sector.